EVEN MORE GOOD NEWS!
KEVIN RETURNS TO WORK WITH LIMITED AVAILABILITY ON MONDAY 1ST JUNE.
PLEASE CALL CLINIC BETWEEN 09.30-11.00hrs FRIDAY 29TH TO GET BOOKED IN WITH KEVIN, GILLIAN OR HEATHER FOR NEXT WEEK (1ST – 5TH JUNE) AND PLEASE BE SURE TO HAVE READ THE FULL POLICY BELOW BEFORE CALLING, THANK YOU AGAIN.
GOOD NEWS – PHASED REOPENING!
Over the next few weeks our practitioners are coming back to work under strict guidelines and will, initially, only be able to see a few very urgent patients. The clinic phone will be ‘live’ on the date given below as a starting point and thereafter we will update information here and on our Facebook page as to when you can call us. Please read thoroughly our Covid19 Policy document below, as, going forward, we will be working in partnership with our patients, each taking responsibility for keeping the other safe in terms of limiting the spread of Covid19.
APPLETREE CLINIC COVID 19 POLICY
The following policy has been compiled from guidelines issued by; Institute of Osteopathy (iosteopathy.org), General Osteopathic Council (osteopathy.org.uk), Government Scotland (Health Protection Scotland-Covid-19-Guidance for primary care), British Medical Journal (Primary Care Guidance), and our own common sense initiatives.
Additional policy may be implemented by our individual practitioners (Gillian McIntosh, Heather Lang, Kevin McGhee, Shona Rae and Clare McGhee), as they see fit.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES AS YOU WILL BE ASKED TO STATE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THEM AND ARE WILLING TO COMPLY PRIOR TO ATTENDING THE CLINIC.
This is for YOUR safety as well as that of our practitioners and staff, who may, like Kevin, have highly “at risk/vulnerable” family members at home.
- Coverings and furnishings will be kept to an absolute minimum.
- After each patient any used tissues/couch roll will be removed and disposed of as per official guidelines and the plinth, door handles, chairs, hard surfaces and any equipment used will be sanitised with alcohol gel or other appropriate sanitising solution.
- At the end of the clinic session all surfaces will again be sanitised throughout the clinic with appropriate sanitising agent.
- Practitioners and staff will be wearing appropriate PPE and will dispose of all single-use items after each patient.
- Fees will be fixed at £45 per session and ONLY contactless card payment will be accepted. No cash transactions allowed.
- On arrival (minimum 5mins before your appointment) please remain in your vehicle until called – this is to minimise any patient interaction.
- Please come alone – any additional people will be asked to wait outside.
- Unless otherwise informed by colleagues (Gillian McIntosh, Heather Lang) please wear a face mask and bring a light blanket and single bedsheet for your own comfort as we will NOT be using plinth covers/blankets.
- On arrival at the clinic use HAND SANITISER provided at door entrance. Your temperature will then be taken by Infrared Thermometer and your practitioner will give you further instructions and directions as necessary.
- Toilet facilities are available if urgent, but please use the disposable sanitising wipes provided and clean down ALL surfaces touched (sink taps/toilet flush handle/toilet seat/rim etc) after use and then dispose of wipe in the bin (not the toilet) thus ensuring a sterile environment for the next patient.
- Your practitioner will tell you how to book further appointments, if required, at the end of your session.
CLINIC OPENING TIMES
As much as we would love to get back to ‘normal’ operations, currently we will only be able to see the most urgent patients and therefore can only offer the following clinic opening times;
- Gillian McIntosh will start from Friday 5th June in the afternoon only.
- Heather Lang – Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 1800hrs – 2100hrs only. Starting Wednesday 27th May.
- Regretfully, at present, Kevin is forbidden to work as the British Acupuncture Council has deemed Acupuncture too high a risk for medical insurance to cover but hopefully it will not be long before he can also see patients.
All patients will be fully triaged by their practitioner prior to being offered an appointment.
- In the first instance, the practice phone, 01382 737808, will be “live” on Tuesday 26th May only from 0930hrs -1100hrs. Thereafter, times will be advised – please check appletreeclinic.com and our Facebook page for updates.
- At these times your name and most frequently used number will be taken. The receptionist will ask you a few basic triage questions and your details will then be passed to the Osteopath who will phone you early Tuesday evening (Heather) or Friday morning (Gillian), to triage you further and provide you with an appointment time if it is appropriate to treat you within the current restrictions.
- At the present time requests for appointments will NOT be taken via email or social media.
- Please do not turn up without an appointment as you will be refused entry.
Please bear with us as there may be teething problems and guidelines are changing daily. We will regularly update the Facebook page and website with any changes and hopefully Kevin will be back to work shortly and then our fabulous reception staff may be able to slowly return to work. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
The Appletree Team
Welcome to Appletree Clinic where we treat people and not just the condition. We pride ourselves in creating a professional yet relaxed environment to help you back to health. Because your wellbeing is so important, we look at all aspects of your life, from posture at work to diet, and every effort is made to ensure you are happy and comfortable during your visit.
Established since 1995 and with over 70 years of experience between us, the Appletree team is committed to an ongoing level of training so we can make sure that you are confident in our care and have the individualised treatment that you need to get you feeling better. We offer a variety of treatments which include Osteopathy, Cranial Osteopathy, Acupuncture, Reflexology, Reiki and Therapeutic Massage. Older people, pregnant women, babies, children, teenagers, sports enthusiasts and manual workers can all benefit from our wealth of experience.