At Appletree Clinic we continue to strive to make the environment as Covid-secure as possible. We continue to wear PPE with all our patients and have a rigorous cleaning regime in place to make this happen.
It is imperative that you let us know if you have had a positive Covid test in the week prior to your appointment as you will need to test negative before you will be seen at the clinic – this is to protect our vulnerable patients and staff/families.
If you return to the UK from abroad, you will not be seen until at least 72 hours have elapsed since your return and we would prefer that you take a Lateral Flow Test prior to attending.
All patients and visitors to the clinic will be required to wear a Type 11R, fluid-repellant, surgical mask. If you do not have one we can provide one for you.
Our opening hours are:
Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm. If we are closed or unable to take your call please leave a message with your name and number and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Please read thoroughly our Covid19 Policy document below, as, going forward, we will be working in partnership with our patients, each taking responsibility for keeping the other safe in terms of limiting the spread of Covid19.
APPLETREE CLINIC COVID 19 and CANCELLATION POLICIES
APPLETREE CLINIC COVID 19 POLICY
The following policy has been compiled from guidelines issued by; Institute of Osteopathy (iosteopathy.org), General Osteopathic Council (osteopathy.org.uk), Government Scotland (Health Protection Scotland-Covid-19-Guidance for primary care), British Medical Journal (Primary Care Guidance), and our own common sense initiatives. Additional policy may be implemented by our individual practitioners (Gillian McIntosh, Heather Lang, Kevin McGhee, Shona Rae and Clare McGhee), as they see fit.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES which provide you with important information for your safety and ours.
- Coverings and furnishings will be kept to an absolute minimum.
- After each patient any used tissues/couch roll will be removed and disposed of as per official guidelines and the plinth, door handles, chairs, hard surfaces and any equipment used will be sanitised with alcohol gel or other appropriate sanitising solution.
- At the end of the clinic session all surfaces will again be sanitised throughout the clinic with appropriate sanitising agent.
- Practitioners and staff will be wearing appropriate PPE and will dispose of all single-use items after each patient.
- Fees will be fixed at £50 per session. Payment is expected after each appointment and card payments or cash are accepted.
- On booking your appointment you will be asked some Covid 19 questions relating to your health (Covid triage). You will need to attend the appointment alone unless the appointment is for a child or you have additional needs. If you require someone to accompany you to your appointment this must be made known at the time of booking as this person will need to be Covid triaged also.
- On arrival (minimum 5mins before your appointment) please remain in your vehicle until called – this is to minimise any patient interaction. If this is your first visit please phone our Receptionist from the car on 01382 737808 and they will take note of your address details etc before you enter the clinic.
- You must wear a Type IIR, fluid-repellant surgical face mask and bring a large towel to lie on and a light blanket to cover yourself as we are not using plinth covers/blankets during the pandemic. If you do not have the specific mask we ask for, we can provide one for you.
- On arrival at the clinic you will be asked to use HAND SANITISER provided at entrance door or in treatment room. Your practitioner/our Reception Team will give you further instructions and directions as necessary.
- Toilet facilities are available, but please use the sanitising spray provided and clean down ALL surfaces touched (sink taps/toilet flush handle/toilet seat/rim etc) after use and dispose of handtowel in the bin (not the toilet) thus ensuring a sterile environment for the next patient.
- Your practitioner will tell you how to book further appointments, if required, at the end of your session.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
The Appletree Team
At Appletree all our practitioners want to be able to provide you with the very best of care and attention that we can. We try to be available during the times our patients need and in order to achieve this we appreciate your help in keeping our schedule running efficiently.
If you do need to change or cancel an appointment, we ask that you notify us BY PHONE at least 24 hours in advance of the appointed time. This allows us the best opportunity to offer the appointment to someone else who may need it urgently.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to circumstances outwith our control cancellations cannot be accepted via social media.
In our continuing commitment to provide the best experience to all our patients and out of consideration for our practitioners’ time, we have adopted the following policies:
Late arrivals can set back our schedules significantly. If you arrive late, your session may be shortened to the remainder of your original scheduled appointment. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late, you may be asked to reschedule. If you feel you are going to be late please call the clinic on 01382 737808 as soon as possible.
Cancelling an appointment
You may cancel or reschedule your appointment prior to 24 hours in advance without charge. If, however, you cancel or reschedule within the 24 hour period before your appointment time you may be charged 100% (£45) of the fee for the appointment.
Not attending a scheduled appointment
If you do not attend for a scheduled appointment and do not provide advanced notice, you will be charged the full price (£45) of the scheduled visit. We understand that unforeseen circumstances can occur and if this is the case, please call the clinic and let us know at the earliest opportunity.
If you have several missed or late appointments, we reserve the right to decline to treat you in the future.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Welcome to Appletree Clinic where we treat people and not just the condition. We pride ourselves in creating a professional yet relaxed environment to help you back to health. Because your wellbeing is so important, we look at all aspects of your life, from posture at work to diet, and every effort is made to ensure you are happy and comfortable during your visit.
Established since 1995 and with over 70 years of experience between us, the Appletree team is committed to an ongoing level of training so we can make sure that you are confident in our care and have the individualised treatment that you need to get you feeling better. We offer a variety of treatments which include Osteopathy, Cranial Osteopathy, Acupuncture, Reflexology, Reiki and Therapeutic Massage. Older people, pregnant women, babies, children, teenagers, sports enthusiasts and manual workers can all benefit from our wealth of experience.