WE ARE OPEN!
We would like to reassure all our patients that we will remain OPEN during lockdown.
Our opening hours from Tues 5th January are:
Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm. If we are closed or unable to take your call please leave a message.
Please read thoroughly our Covid19 Policy document below, as, going forward, we will be working in partnership with our patients, each taking responsibility for keeping the other safe in terms of limiting the spread of Covid19.
APPLETREE CLINIC COVID 19 and CANCELLATION POLICIES
The following policy has been compiled from guidelines issued by; Institute of Osteopathy (iosteopathy.org), General Osteopathic Council (osteopathy.org.uk), Government Scotland (Health Protection Scotland-Covid-19-Guidance for primary care), British Medical Journal (Primary Care Guidance), and our own common sense initiatives.
Additional policy may be implemented by our individual practitioners (Gillian McIntosh, Heather Lang, Kevin McGhee, Shona Rae and Clare McGhee), as they see fit.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES AS YOU WILL BE ASKED TO STATE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THEM AND ARE WILLING TO COMPLY PRIOR TO ATTENDING THE CLINIC.
This is for YOUR safety as well as that of our practitioners and staff, who may, like Kevin, have highly “at risk/vulnerable” family members at home.
- Coverings and furnishings will be kept to an absolute minimum.
- After each patient any used tissues/couch roll will be removed and disposed of as per official guidelines and the plinth, door handles, chairs, hard surfaces and any equipment used will be sanitised with alcohol gel or other appropriate sanitising solution.
- At the end of the clinic session all surfaces will again be sanitised throughout the clinic with appropriate sanitising agent.
- Practitioners and staff will be wearing appropriate PPE and will dispose of all single-use items after each patient.
- Fees will be fixed at £45 per session and ONLY contactless card payment will be accepted. No cash transactions allowed.
- On arrival (minimum 5mins before your appointment) please remain in your vehicle until called – this is to minimise any patient interaction.
- Please come alone – any additional people will be asked to wait outside.
- Please wear a face mask and bring a light blanket (if seeing Kevin) and single bedsheet or large towel to lie on as we will not be using plinth covers/blankets.
- On arrival at the clinic use hand sanitiser provided at door entrance. Your temperature will be taken by Infrared Thermometer and your practitioner will give you further instructions and directions as necessary.
- Toilet facilities are available if urgent, but please use the disposable sanitising wipes provided and clean down ALL surfaces touched (sink taps/toilet flush handle/toilet seat/rim etc) after use and then dispose of wipe in the bin (not the toilet) thus ensuring a sterile environment for the next patient.
- Your practitioner will tell you how to book further appointments, if required, at the end of your session.
CLINIC OPENING TIMES
We are open Mon – Fri 9am to 5pm
- We currently have reception cover each morning and 2 afternoons only so if you call and get the answering machine please leave your name, contact number and a short message and someone will call you back as soon as we can as we may be treating patients.
- When you speak to a receptionist we will confirm your name, date of birth, best contact number and email address will be taken. The receptionist will also ask you a few questions regarding your Covid19 status.
- At the present time requests for appointments will NOT be taken via email or social media.
- Please do not turn up without an appointment as you will be refused entry.
- If you need to cancel an appointment please do so BY PHONE ONLY on 01382 737808 at least 24 hours prior to the appointment time or you may incur a charge (see Cancellation Policy below).
The Appletree Team
At Appletree all our practitioners want to be able to provide you with the very best of care and attention that we can. We try to be available during the times our patients need and in order to achieve this we appreciate your help in keeping our schedule running efficiently.
If you do need to change or cancel an appointment, we ask that you notify us BY PHONE at least 24 hours in advance of the appointed time. This allows us the best opportunity to offer the appointment to someone else who may need it urgently.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to circumstances outwith our control cancellations cannot be accepted by email or social media.
In our continuing commitment to provide the best experience to all our patients and out of consideration for our practitioners’ time, we have adopted the following policies:
Late arrivals can set back our schedules significantly. If you arrive late, your session may be shortened to the remainder of your original scheduled appointment. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late, you may be asked to reschedule. If you feel you are going to be late please call the clinic on 01382 737808 as soon as possible.
Cancelling an appointment
You may cancel or reschedule your appointment prior to 24 hours in advance without charge. If, however, you cancel or reschedule within the 24 hour period before your appointment time you may be charged 100% of the fee for the appointment.
Not attending a scheduled appointment
If you do not attend for a scheduled appointment and do not provide advanced notice, you will be charged the full price of the scheduled visit. We understand that unforeseen circumstances can occur and if this is the case, please call the clinic and let us know at the earliest opportunity.
If you have several missed or late appointments, we reserve the right to decline to treat you in the future.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Welcome to Appletree Clinic where we treat people and not just the condition. We pride ourselves in creating a professional yet relaxed environment to help you back to health. Because your wellbeing is so important, we look at all aspects of your life, from posture at work to diet, and every effort is made to ensure you are happy and comfortable during your visit.
Established since 1995 and with over 70 years of experience between us, the Appletree team is committed to an ongoing level of training so we can make sure that you are confident in our care and have the individualised treatment that you need to get you feeling better. We offer a variety of treatments which include Osteopathy, Cranial Osteopathy, Acupuncture, Reflexology, Reiki and Therapeutic Massage. Older people, pregnant women, babies, children, teenagers, sports enthusiasts and manual workers can all benefit from our wealth of experience.